The one with the houses
Can you believe this? I have another finish to show you. Not a big one like last post’s, but nevertheless an entire quilt type of finish.
It was quick (for me), fun to choose fabrics and easy to make. The pattern is from Elizabeth Hartman’s book Modern Patchwork and ever since I saw one at Quilter’s Way I knew that one day I would make my own.
When I went to our Guild’s annual retreat this year I bought the necessary fabrics at Marsden’s and by the summer I had a good plan and some blocks already made.
It was fun fussy cutting the windows of the houses to feature cats, birds, Russian dolls (thank you, Susan) or even a ninja.
I cut all the background squares and strips in one go, so once I started piecing it went like a breeze. It was nice to have written instructions so that everything was already figured out for me in advance.
Most of the photos I took during construction were blurred, so I’m afraid I’ll have to jump straight to the finish product. For the quilting I tried something new, the squares all over, and I was surprised to find out that how much easier it was than I had thought. I ended up using this quilt design over the houses too.
We photographed it on the same place as the flower power quilt. Front:
It looks like there is an ombre effect on the back but there isn’t (although it would have been cool to have it). It’s the same fabric as in the front but the lighting makes it look lighter.
This quilt is full of bright colors and that’s why I like it so much.